May 24, 2018

May 24, 2018

 

 

Members present: Kerry Bumbaugh

                              Robert Gunder

                              Ed Wilson

   Solicitor: Linus Fenicle                          

 

1.       Meeting of Quincy Township Board of Supervisors was called to order at 8:30 am by Chairman Bumbaugh followed by the Pledge of Allegiance.  Three residents, and Corey Kaiser, employee, was in attendance.

 

2.       There was no initial public comment.

 

3.       The Minutes from May 1, 2018 were approved on a Gunder/Wilson motion. Motion carried unanimously.

 

4.       The draft Memorandum of Understanding between Quincy Township and Mont Alto Municipal Authority is going to be distributed and discussed at the next meeting of the Mont Alto Municipal Authority. This agreement also includes the Todd Rock land development along with the Town Center.

 

5.       The DCED position provided through the County Planning Office was discussed.  Mr. Gunder advised County Planning that they (DCED) did not understand our question, which was: “Since the Grant Application only asks for less than half of the total project cost, why can’t we start our portion of the project within our own resources?”  Also, the Township has received information about USDA funding for water and sewer. John High and Jon Cox are reviewing this option as the bridge funding for this project.  Mr. Bumbaugh and Mr. Gunder would like to go to Harrisburg to meet with one or both of the DCED Reps that Mr. Gunder met at the Governor’s Cabinet meeting in Gettysburg, to discuss our question on starting the project before grant award.

 

6.       The Township is in the process of receiving quotes from interested insurance companies for our liability insurance which is up for renewal August 1, 2018.

 

7.       The Township has received the money from Selective Insurance company for the roof and antenna damage from the wind storm. We will be replacing the whole roof within the total insurance payment.

 

8.       The Owl’s Club in Waynesboro has given a $1000 donation for playground equipment to the Township’s Heritage Park. We would like to publicly thank the Owl’s Club for this donation. Also, the Park Committee has announced plans for a car show scheduled at the Park on September 9, 2018, with rain date being September 16, 2018.

 

9.       Supervisor Wilson informed the Board that Dan Baer has now moved the buses left from his auction along the tree line on the property. Our code enforcement Officer has not been able to locate Dan. Linus has not been in contact with the Bankruptcy attorney or our code enforcement officer. Linus will contact both.

 

10.   Supervisor Wilson also asked about Woodlief property in South Mountain. A Citation has been filed at the Magistrates, but she is living with her son out of the state and won’t pick up certified mail. Solicitor will check with Magistrate about how to contact Mrs. Woodlief.

 

11.   Supervisor Gunder informed the Board that the Solicitor has filed the Declaration of Taking for the Saddle Club property on May 22, 2018.

 

12.   Supervisor Gunder stated that we are still working on the list of stolen or damaging property for the vandalism to the office that occurred on April 29, 2018.

 

13.   Supervisor Gunder is wrapping up the address list information needed for the 2020 Census that needs to be sent in before June 1, 2018. Mr. Gunder met with reps of SMRC, Michaux Manor, Penn State and Quincy Village There are approximately 300 + add in addresses.

 

14.   Supervisor Gunder announced that there will be a Local Government Advisory committee to the Chesapeake executive Council held on June 20 at 9:30 am at the Franklin County Conservation District, Ag Heritage Building.

 

15.   This evening is the Franklin County Association of Township elected Officials meeting at New Franklin Fire Company.

 

16.   The TCE State Auditor was on site again on May 18, 2018. She had 20 questions which took 3 and ½ hours to review and answer. She has a new formula for which the Township employees should have been used for their prevailing wage pay fringe benefit rate. She stated that L&I told her that we should not use the fringe benefit rates shown in the L&I letters, but rather use the actual amounts we withhold for each employee.  Mr. Gunder has issues with this new policy, since it is entirely different that what we took from the L&I report, which was forwarded to Ruth Bishop at DEP, and she had no problem with those rates, nor did she offer any advice on how to compute it, or to use a different method.  Further, the State Auditor is taking a verbal statement from L&I and was unable to provide a written statement from them to date.

 

17.   The Sewer Chapter 94 Report has been submitted to DEP by Mr. Schooley.

 

18.   Solicitor Fenicle will continue to monitor the Transource case. There is to be a prehearing conference on June 11, 2018 that he will attend.

 

19.   During the final period of public comment, Frank Mong ask what response they give at these hearings and he was informed that they do not respond; they are just there to listen to what the public has to say. The office of Consumer Advocate is always present at these hearings.

 

20.   The meeting adjourned on a Wilson/Gunder motion at 9:22 am.

 

Comments