This position is to assist our road crew with special project and weather-related emergencies. It is a part-time position and will be on an on-call schedule. Three years of responsible experience in road maintenance/snow plowing and the ability to operate CDL Class B vehicles with air brakes and related construction equipment is preferred but not required. The ability to perform manual labor in all environments and be available for immediate call out for weather related or manmade situations. Working with a team environment. A pre-employment CDL drug test is required by Federal law. Random drug/alcohol testing is also conducted according to law.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Perform general labor duties with the ability to lift heavy objects of at least 50 pounds properly.
- Snow plowing and cindering.
- Buildings, grounds, and park maintenance.
- Operation of CDL Class B motor vehicles.
- Assist with the maintenance of Township equipment.
- Traffic control and flagging.
- Working with the Utility Department as needed.
- Other tasks as assigned by the Road Master or Road Department Foreman.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Ability to operate and maintain a variety of road department manual and power tools and equipment along with building facilities.
- Ability and willingness to learn general operating procedures and follow up on assignments and responsibilities in a timely manner.
- Must be safety conscious.
- Must have a high school diploma. Must have a valid Driver’s License.
Communicates clearly & professionally. Contributes to a positive internal & external customer experience. Maintains composure in challenging situations. Collaborates with others. Asks for constructive feedback.
Problem Solving & Quality: Pays attention to detail. Identifies & solves problems. Escalates issues accordingly. Checks work for quality. Shares suggestions to improve quality & productivity.
Managing for Results: Works independently with minimal supervision. Takes projects to completion. Follows all company policies & SOPs. Manages multiple tasks. Demonstrates flexibility in workflow & scheduling.
Leadership & Initiative: Demonstrates a positive attitude. Acts in accordance with company vision, mission & values. Takes accountability for own performance. Willing to take on additional assignments. Seeks out opportunities for development.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Job Type: Part-time
- On call
- Overnight shift
- Weekend availability