Office Assistant to Assistant Secretary/billing Clerk and Secretary/Treasurer. Must have some understanding of the duties outlined below; as well as performing the normal day-to-day accounts receivable/payable and billing functions associated with Township operations and maintenance activities:
Work is primarily performed independently with decisions being made based on established rules and policies, applicable laws, regulations imposed by other government agencies and the employee’s best judgement regarding internal consistency, precedent, and fairness, or as outlined by the Township Administrator.
Functional oversight is provided by the Township Administrator through general observation of the effectiveness of township operations and through written and oral reports.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Prepare, Process all Utility bills.
- Maintain records of all Utility customers.
- Collection of Utility Payments.
- Maintaining and processing delinquent utility accounts.
- Bookkeeping function to include processing Accounts Payable, bank deposits.
- To assist with Code Enforcement & Zoning duties as needed, such as Land Use and Related Permit Process – from application to disbursement.
- Serve as Administrative Assistant/Receptionist as needed.
- Provide administrative and clerical support for the Township Administrator.
- Assist citizens with their questions, concerns and complaints with the township and other governmental agencies.
- To always deal with the public in a courteous and professional manner.
- All other duties as assigned by Secretary and/or Township Administrator.
- Knowledge of office methods and procedures. General knowledge and skill of computer keyboard operations and data entry techniques.
- Working knowledge of basic accounting techniques and the ability to perform simple mathematical equations in balancing customer accounts.
- Ability to make independent determinations on the best possible resolution to processing problems.
- Ability to assemble, organize, and present status information from various source materials concerning the operation of a process or office activity.
- Ability to proofread information for compliance with specific administrative or procedural rules.
- Ability to answer telephone calls, greet customers, and field inquiries in a pleasant and non-confrontational manner.
- Ability to compose and type general correspondence and perform simple arithmetic computations necessary to keep fiscal records.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing.
- Ability to work effectively with township employees, other governmental officials, business associates and the general public.
- General knowledge of county or local governmental operations would be beneficial in being able to review property deed information necessary for filing liens on delinquent accounts.
Education and Experience Qualifications:
- Must have a High School Diploma plus education or one year of office experience in private business/enterprise, or a preferably a public agency.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.